I just checked over 12 months of my NOAA reports, and they were all
correct, but I do my summary reports in the same way as the rest of the
site - in metric - C, mm and knots - so probably not that helpful a
comment!!  Even without conversions though the standard weewx generates
float values with huge numbers of decimals when the input data did not
contain such precision - hence my amendment to the field definitions in the
database.