On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 11:00:57 AM UTC-8, Andrew Milner wrote:

> Matthew - thanks for the correction.  I was hoping that you would
> eventually join this thread - especially since we have now established it
> is a totally new installation with no previous 'working' history.  I still
> think this is reminiscent of my rpi2 B+ that just started freezing for no
> apparent reason, and no reason I could ever establish.;  Since I swapped o
> rpi3 and Jessie I have not had a glitch - and for 3 years on the rpi2 I
> never had a problem .... until it started just 'freezing'.  I still, to
> this day, have not resolved what causes the failures.  The difference ijn
> my setup is that I was running wheezy and when it froze I could notget in
> via ssh either.

On the original model-B, I've had the 'could not get in via ssh' many times
even when it was answering pings and even http requests.   That almost
always was an imminent SD card death.  Sometimes a reimaging using the same
card worked, but eventually the time to get messed up again tended to
shrink (guessing as the SD got shakier and shakier).  That's with just
'motion' running reading a USB webcam, with a couple trivial cron jobs
running occasionally.