The script was written assuming a setup install of weewx, which creates a
weewx dir in the home directory.  Since you did a DEB install the dirs are
different.  It's been ages since I wrote this, and it's not intended for a
general audience but rather for someone familiar with the paths and file
locations.  The script will also need access to your WD database and I
don't remember how it finds that either,

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Niklas Berglund <nicke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, Im sure its like you say, a PYTHONPATH issue.  I don't know where to
> point the python path to where he'll find the module to include..
>
> Im running a simple :  "sudo python ./wdConvert.py" command. No arguments
> added.  What sort of capture do you need me to post?
>
> I've installed WeeWX using the DEB install.
>
> Thanks for taking the time with a noob :-)
>
> Niklas
>

> Den onsdag 4 januari 2017 kl. 20:50:00 UTC+1 skrev gjr80:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sounds like a PYTHONPATH issue. I had a quick look at the repo and did
>> not see any guidance on what should be included on the command line.
>> Exactly what command are you using to run the script? Try running it again
>> but this time capture the command you used and all the output. Post this
>> capture. Also, what type of install? setup.py, deb ?
>>
>> As for your first question, does this script still work, bear in mind
>> this script is from circa May 2013 when weewx v2.4.0 was the current
>> version. There has been a lot of water under the bridge since then (lots of
>> significant changes introduced in weewx v3.0.0) but since this script only
>> produces a csv file for later import you might be lucky - the amount of
>> interaction with weewx in the script appears minimal.
>>
>> Gary

(sent from an alien in the Andromeda Galaxy - read at your own risk!)