If you set loop_hilo in std archive section of weewx.conf then only the
archive data will be used for the daily high/low figures.  If loop_hilo is
set true then both loop and archive data can affect the stats.  It looks as
though you have it set to true, and the loop data from a gust is managing
to set the windspeed.  I do not know what kind of station you have got and
how it is supplying the wind data - maybe you need to run with debug=1 set
and monitor your wind speed and wind gust readings as supplied by the
station.