On Friday, 20 January 2017 10:53:44 UTC+10, vince wrote:

> Older model pi had issues completing it successfully, but I'm
> guessing/hoping a pi3 has enough horsepower that it'll succeed.  Be very
> patient during the conversion process.

IIRC the main issue with the older RPi (other than speed) was that
backfilling the daily summaries was done in a single transaction and for
large archives this caused memory issues leading to a crash. This issue was
addressed in 3.5.0 and the daily summary rebuilds are now done in
transactions of so many days rather than one big transaction. So hopefully
that aspect should be crash free. And a contemporary RPi should see the
rebuild done much faster than original RPi.

Gary