On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 5:56:41 PM UTC-8, tempus wrote:

> On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 5:43:42 PM UTC-8, gjr80 wrote:
>>
>> Yes,  thought it would, my gauges exhibit the same behaviour. The
>> SteelSeries gauges do a lot of funky stuff to calculate gauge scales etc, I
>> need to sit down and work through the data.
>>
>> Of course,  we could just disable F :)
>>
>> Gary
>>

>> I will have a look at the code myself when I have time.
>
> While you are looking, I noticed another issue. The gauge wind speed is
> 0.1 MPH less than shown on the Davis console.
>
> 1 MPH shows as 0.9 MPH
> 2 MPH shows as 1.9 MPH
> 3 MPH shows as 2.9 MPH
> etc.
>
> Bob

This was found to be due to a loss of precision resulting from Rtgd
converting F to C and JavaScript then converting C back to F.  This and
other issues were fixed by specifying US units in weewx, like this:

[RealtimeGaugeData]

    [[Groups]]
        group_pressure = inHg
        group_rain = inch
        group_rainrate = inch_per_hour
        group_speed = mile_per_hour
        group_distance = mile
        group_temperature = degree_F
        group_percent = percent
        group_uv = uv_index
        group_direction = degree_compass

And by adding US 'StringFomats', like this:

    [[StringFormats]]
        degree_C = %.1f
        degree_F = %.1f
        degree_compass = %.0f