On Wednesday, 15 March 2017 22:33:52 UTC+10, Robert Mantel wrote:

> Sound like I should just install your extension, as it would provide what
> I need.  Even though my update rate is only every 2 minutes, I guess that
> would be realtime enough for me.

I guess that is up to you, if you want the programming challenge then roll
your own...

The service is bound to loop packets so the file can be produced at most
once every loop period.

One limitation is of my service is that since it is not tied to the
StdReport service you don't have the standard RSYNC and FTP 'reports'
available to transfer the resulting file should you need to transfer it to
another server. If your web server and weeWX machine are one and the same
you shouldn't have a problem.

Gary