I have been giving some thought as to how a user provided forecast string
could be included. I run another weeWX service that pulls in textual
forecast and current conditions data from WU via their API and stores
selected data in another database. So given  a binding and db field name I
can simply obtain the forecast from my database - yet to implement this
though. Reading a string from a file is reasonable as well, at the end of
the day all we are doing is providing a mechanism to populate the scroliing
text display, it could be a forecast, current conditions summary or the
price of eggs in China. Having the ability to read this string from a text
file is useful. rtgd can already accept a fixed string in the
[RealtimeGaugeData] section, adding a file as the source is a simple
extension.

Give me the weekend to see how I go.

Gary