Doing some research, it looks like the key to plotting curves in PIL is
Bezier Curves. There's lots of examples out there, this one being very good:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/246525/how-can-i-draw-a-bezier-curve-using-pythons-pil

I just whipped up a quick dummy tide chart using it:

http://sinkingsensation.com/dropbox/tides.zip

That produces this graphic:

http://sinkingsensation.com/dropbox/out.png

I need some graph paper before going farther with it, but should be pretty
easy to finish up.

Does anyone who knows the weeWX plotting engine well know what would be
entailed to add this to the weeWX plotting engine?