I think I have found the fix that updates the database without the loss of
data

webmail:Weewx Mike$ sudo launchctl unload
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.weewx.weewxd.plist
Password:
webmail:Weewx Mike$ pwd
/Groups/revitt/WebSites/Weewx
webmail:Weewx Mike$ /Groups/revitt/WebSites/Weewx/bin/wee_device
/Groups/revitt/WebSites/Weewx/weewx.conf --dump
Using configuration file /Groups/revitt/WebSites/Weewx/weewx.conf
Using Vantage driver version 3.0.7 (weewx.drivers.vantage)
Proceeding will dump all data in the logger.
Are you sure you want to proceed (y/n)? y
Starting dump ...
Records processed: 2560; Timestamp: 2017-03-22 07:20:00 GMT (1490167200)
Finished dump. 2560 records added
webmail:Weewx Mike$ sudo launchctl load
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.weewx.weewxd.plist
Password:
webmail:Weewx Mike$

I will know for sure in 3 minutes when the Website next refreshes