Just wondering if embedding these colour mappings inside templates is the
correct way to solve the problem.?

There are several instances when this may be wanted : UV, Heat Index,
HumidyIndex and others all of which have, I believe, standardised colours
for defined ranges AND standardised textual descriptions (ie Danger - see
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/heat/heat_index.shtml)

I would suspect the elegant way to solve this might be to extend something
in units.py ?

Any thoughts or pointers from any experts for me to dabble with
appreciated. Thanks