​The weewx vantage driver uses the Python "serial" library, which, in turn,
expects a Unix file descriptor (such as /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyS0). If
your serial connector provides that, there should be no problem.

However, if it provides an IP address and port, then... I'm not so sure.
The Vantage driver can connect to a WLIP logger through an ethernet
address/port, so that might work. You'll have to experiment.

-tk​