I'll have a look, at the very least we should have updated the logwatch script
if the log output was changed. I too run a custom logwatch script (but haven't
noticed any 3.8.0 issues) so I know having to change it is annoying. Matthew is
the logwatch expert, will have to metaphoricall pick his brains.

As for bibles, you probably want the GitHub bible rather than the weeWX bible.
But to make it easier for simple changes involving one file only I am sure a
marked up source would be fine.

Gary