Ah - not quite true Gary.  The stock messages for added archive record were
what highlighted my problem in the first place.  As I have installed via
setup.py, I copied the script to /etc/logwatch - and this copy is not
updated in the upgrade.  Maybe I should have 'installed' the script a
different way originally and not copied the script to /etc/logwatch as I
was instructed to do at the time when I first installed logwatch many moons
ago!!  If I change to a symlink in /etc/logwatch/scripts/services pointing
to /home/weewx/util/logwatch/scripts/services does this mean that the new
script is automagically picked up each upgrade??
Right - have changed to a symlink back to
/home/weewx/util/logwatch/scripts/services/weewx - but now I assume that
when there is a new upgrade the update will overwrite the util directory,
and so I will lose my changes - correct??