Hi Thomas,
I am not complaining (as Scott does) nor demanding help here and I also
tried myself (I have the WMR300 since half a year, then spent some weeks to
setup my Linux PC and I have been successful in installing weewx (which
makles me kinda proud, as I have no experience at all before with such
stuff). I ready through the documentation and tried to follow your docs to
change the driver but I did not succeed at this point. Then I contacted
Roland, see my first posting, he had the same problem and solved it by
downgrading libusb. I am stuck here, could not find postings here that
helped. Thats why I asked. I still look for possible solutions and hope
mwall's upcoming reply will hopefully help.

I also wrote to let you know (as the creator/maintainer of the weewx
package) to solve the problem at the roots as obviously everyone who has a
WMR300 expieriences this problem... Just a friendly notification, as we
here are all users of weewx (or will come here if in futuire are having the
same issue).

I am grateful for any help I can get.

Salut,
Markus