I agree, the 1.90 firmware is quite good.  Also very true, don't fix
something that isn't broke.

My deal is that I run multiple consoles with multiple ISS at multiple
locations with repeaters, remote temp sensors and soil sensors.  I want
everything to be interchangeable so that if something breaks or dies or
gets weird I can swap out components quickly to keep the weather data
flowing.  Thus I want matching firmware to minimize surprises down the
road.  I'm a farmer so my weather stations have a direct impact on my
wallet.  I guess I'm sort of fussy about my setup.  LOL

I'll do a bit more digging on this to satisfy my own curiosity.

Thanks for the input,
Doug B.