I wonder if the problem is that your import file has DD/MM/YY, while the
Cumulus importer expects MM/DD/YY? Because there are 31 days in a month,
but only 12 months of the year, you would fill roughly half the database
before the errors occurred.

Just a guess. I really don't know how the Cumulus importer works.

-tk