Oh, well. It was just a theory. Gary is better equipped to know the real
answer.

I do know that, ideally, records should be imported from oldest to newest.
Otherwise, the daily summaries get messed up. If you went the other way,
all is not lost, but you should drop the daily summaries
<http://weewx.com/docs/utilities.htm#Action_--drop-daily> when you're done
with the import. WeeWX will then rebuild them.

-tk