On 29 January 2018 at 22:24, Praveen Chandrasekaran <praveen.c...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think backing up to a USB stick say once or twice in a day should do.
> Glen has instructions on how to set it up and I do have a lot of USB sticks
> lying around. That would ensure that on next powerup I dont have to restore
> more than a day's worth of data.

Or even better yet just forget about the memory database and write the
database directly to a mounted drive. It's far safer. Maybe it's still not
foolproof if you're having power issues, but it is much more robust.

Reconfigure /etc/fstab to mount the stick or HDD somewhere permanent.
Edit the DatabaseTypes section in /etc/weewx.conf to point to that new
drive.

[DatabaseTypes]
ยทยทยทยท
    # Defaults for SQLite databases
    [[SQLite]]
        driver = weedb.sqlite
        # Directory in which the database files are located
        SQLITE_ROOT = /mnt/my_usb_mounted_drive/weewx

And then continue backing up that database! (of course!)

I'd hasten the RTC addition, and when you do set that up make sure that it
actually works when the network is disconnected. Correct time is an
essential for weewx, it's the primary key in the database for starters.

If you have any questions on implementing any of the above, then I'll see
you back over at rorpi discusion :-)

--

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie