Probably belongs on rorpi, but this is worth saying here.

Tom K (weew2x's author) has reported that he's had a raspberry pi running
for 5 years?? at 5 minute intervals, with an sqlite database and standard
skin. I have to say that is mightly impressive. Seriously impressive; but
it wasn't my experience.

Toms and my setups were/are different. I prefer a minute archive, had
several skins going (cmon for one), and very unreliable power. On top of
that I tried running mysql locally. But the biggest error of all was I had
an ad-hoc backup plan, and I got caught!
I paid dearly, more than once. I possibly also struck a bad batch of
Sandisk usb sticks? YMWV

5 minutes with an sqlite database shouldn't be a problem - depending on
make manufacturer / quality and direction the wind is blowing.  But then
you are doing regular backups so you're a long way along the path to
recovery if the proverbial does hit the fan. If you don't have to reinstall
the OS on top of rebuilding a corrupt database, then you'll be a lot
happier. Trust me on that last one.

P.S. Did I mention it's a good idea to have backups, regular backups?

:-)

Cheers
 Glenn

rorpi - read only raspberry pi & various weewx addons
https://github.com/glennmckechnie