On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 7:21:40 AM UTC-5, Cycle London wrote:

> So how mpuch of that must I include?  If I include it all, syslog warns me
> of a duplicate line where 'ToDate' is, and weewx fails to update my page.
>
> Basically, I just want either a forecast section on my standard page, or
> else a link on the page pointing to forecast.   I have my WU api but no
> idea where to go from here.

the only forecast-specific part is the search list extension - the
'ForecastVariables' search list extension must be enabled, otherwise the
'$forecast' variable will not be evaluated in any template file.  the other
stanzas that follow tell the skin which template files to process.

for example, the 'forecast' skin has a bunch of templates (*.tmpl), each of
which illustrates how to use a different part of the forecasting system.
 you probably do not want to use those template files in your 'real' skin,
since they are bare-bones.  but you might want to copy part of the
html/cheetah code from one of the *.tmpl files and use it in your own
*.tmpl file(s).

there are two basic approaches to customizing your template files with
forecast information.

1) insert a pre-defined forecast template into your template.  this would
be an iconic view, a strip view, a table view, etc.  just include the
appropriate forecast_*.inc file in your xxx.tmpl file.

2) embed forecast data throughout your template.  for example, insert the
predicted high and low temperatures for the day near the current
temperature.  to do this, use the $forecast variable in your template.

in either case, you need ForecastVariables in the skin's search list
extensions.

does that help?