I am looking to develop a driver for the Lufft WS601-UMB.  It seems most
systems have a single, or a few different loop packets, each with multiple
measurements/sensor output.  The Lufft does have a few buffers with
multiple measurements, but even combining all of them does not necessarily
provide the specific values one might want.  It can also provide individual
values by channel, and has different channels for different units (i.e.
there is a channel for temp in F and another for C).  It can also use
different protocols (UMB, MODBUS, etc).  I am thinking that using the UMB
protocol is desirable, as it provides the best ability to configure the
sensor suite without the proprietary sw (win only).

IS thee an in-use driver that could provide a starting place for a channel
by channel (value by value) driver, including sensor config?  I can get
around in Python, but I am chemist, not a programmer.  A starting place
would be helpful.

some info on the Lufft, including user manual and UMP protocol (under
resources tab towards bottom of the page):
https://www.lufft.com/products/compact-weather-sensors-293/ws601-umb-smart-weather-sensor-1831/

Cheers,
Al