On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 6:39:27 AM UTC-8, RobbH wrote:

> Is dpkg still recommended? I came to my conclusion after reading the docs.
>
> The latest revision of the installation guide for Debian-based
> distributions doesn't even mention dpkg.
> http://www.weewx.com/docs/debian.htm

Perhaps 'supported' would be a better term.

The docs were updated to reflect the apt-get method of
downloading+installing the package in an easier way.   You can always
download it yourself and install it via dpkg or apt as well, and
alternately download the tarball and use the original setup.py method.  All
work fine.