Using the revised hp1000 driver with delay of 30 and starting weewx manually I
can see all the records coming through on the terminal. I can see the process
stopping as the records just stop coming through and the cmd line returns.
Additionally no further reports are generated. I haven’t tried ps on this
version of the driver but returning to the cmd line would seem to indicate that
the process has stopped.

Using the original driver with delay of 30 produced the error after random
times (ie there was no consistency as to how long the process would run for)
that started this thread off. Ps did not show any running process for weewx
following this.

The delay of 15 seems to have resolved the issue from my perspective as it has
run continuously for 3 days but I must admit I’m puzzled by the  error
Graham

Sent from my iPad