.
Hello Robin, Gary, and Andrew.  Oh, Joy...another rain rate discussion!! I
confess to possibly being the evil one who started all this way back in the
Jurassic era of Weewx (July 0f 2014). Anyway, I have a technical rather
than a philosophical question (a wink and a nod to Andrew!):

I am using V 3.6.2 and a driver which was written specifically to address
the rain rate issue for the PeetBros console. From Gary's comments, am I
correct that there has been a change in newer versions where the sliding
window can be changed and software does the RainRate calculations
independent of the driver? If so, for *my* *particular hardware* should I
upgrade Weewx and does it now include an Ultimeter driver that: 1. does NOT
do the RainRate calculation internally and 2. keeps the Ultimeter console
clock updated? Or would I be better off leaving everything alone and
retreating back to my lair?

Thanks, Steve