First I tried to generate a new id_rsa as root, but as you would expect, it
changed nothing.
Next, I did as you suggested, and now it works - thanks.

Though I don't quite know why :).

But in the /etc/root/.ssh/config file (not /root/.ssh/config) by default,

Hosts *

- I would guess that the * means any ip?
However, replacing it with my server ip solved the problem anyway.
So, everything is fine now - I will try, someday, to not use root as user,
I know I shouldn't - but it is a bit hard to change a working system :)

Thanks for helping out.

Jens-Jørgen Kjærgaard
Tuenvej 818
9870 Sindal