I've noticed that some information from the DarkSky API as well as
calculated moon phase don't seem to be correct or consistent with other
sources of data on WeeWX. Here's what I have seen:

*DarkSky API* - I display a minimal 8 day forecast on the Belchertown Skin.
When I pull down the values using the SPI directly with my lat and long,
the values pulled down match what the skin shows. However, If I go to
DarkSky.net using the same location, the values (like min & max temp,
weather icon, precip probability etc.) are usually very different. I'm
pretty tuned into the weather right now as I live in Western North Carolina
and will be impacted by the remains of Florence over the next several days.
What's going on with the DarkSky API?

*Moon phase* - WeeWX shows the moon phase for today to be a waxing crescent
- 24% (I think that means 24% visible or illuminated). When I do the
calculation using python's ephem module -
*print(ephem.Moon(datetime.date.today()).moon_phase)* - the answer I get
for moon phase is 31.19%. I thought that WeeWX used ephem for that
calculation. On timeanddate.com today's moon phase is 39.5%. At
http://aa.usno.navy.mil, 37% of the moon is illuminated today. Why such a
variation?

These two items are vexing me. Can someone help explain these anomalies?

Phil