If you have this problem with both the Byteweather and the standard WeeWX
skin (make sure!!), then the problem must be in your system configuration.

When WeeWX first starts up, it will log the locale it plans to use in the
system log. Take a look. It will look something like this:

Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Initializing weewx version 3.9.0a1
Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Using Python 2.7.12 (default,
Dec  4 2017, 14:50:18) #012[GCC 5.4.0 20160609]
Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Platform
Linux-4.4.0-135-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial
Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Locale is 'en_US.utf8'
Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Using configuration file
/home/weewx/weewx.conf
Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Debug is 1
Sep 27 05:24:12 nuc weewx[23119]: engine: Initializing engine

Make sure it indicates a Danish locale. If it does not, then the
environment variable LANG has not been set properly. One thing I noticed is
that you listed your Danish locale as "da-DK.utf8", while the proper name
is "da_DK.utf8". Note the underscore. Try running WeeWX with an explicit
LANG:

*cd /home/weewx*
*LANG=da_DK.utf8 ./bin/weewxd weewx.conf*

and see what locale is listed in the system log. (The above assumes you
used the setup.py install method. If not, adjust accordingly)

If after all this, you have a Danish locale listed in the system log, and
you still get German names for *both* Byteweather and the Standard WeeWX
skin, then I've run out of ideas. If you get German names for *just* the
Byteweather skin, then it must have the names hard coded into it somewhere.

-tk