I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 system. Originally on Windows 10 working no
problem. I have thrown out Windows and did a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04
Mate. I installed weewx v3.8.2 per instructions from 'weeWX: Installation
on Debian-base systems" i.e apt-get install weewx.  I also installed Python
2.1.15. I set up weewx.conf for Davis Weatherlink Data Logger
(6510USB)....'Vantge'. I used ttyUSB0. On starting system it generated html
files but almost all the data is missing. I reset and cleaned out data on
data logger (removed batteries etc.) I then restarted everything. Same
problem on data. I tested to see if Ubuntu was looking at ttyUSB0. As far
as I could tell it was talking to ttyUSB0. Ihave been trying things for
about one week but am unable to see what is wrong. Any suggestions on what
to try next is appreciated.

Dick Hampikian