Ok, easy fix for the windchill/heatindex gauge display. I oversimplified
the default values in my previous post. You can specify what units are used
in gauge-data.txt, this is somewhat superfluous as the SteelSeries Gauges
have radio buttons on the page to select the display units so in that
regard it really does not matter what units are used. There are a few
hidden effects though. The units used in gauge-data.txt are what a new user
will see when they first open your gauges page, once a user has been to the
page (I think) a cookie is saved with their display units settings, thus
when they next visit the page the same display units are used. When I said
a value of 0 is used when an obs is None, the units used for that 0 are
whatever units are being used in your gauge-data.txt but it is then
displayed in the display units. Confused? I have made the default units
weeWX METRIC, you can override this though. In weewx.conf locate the
[RealtimeGaugeData] stanza and set the [[Groups]] as required, something
like following will probably suit:

[RealtimeGaugeData]
    [[Groups]]
        group_altitude = foot
        group_pressure = inHg
        group_rain = inch
        group_speed = mile_per_hour
        group_temperature = degree_F

Regarding the 2 minute/ second updates. rtgd is generating as it should,
this issue is with the uploading. I don't know how this was done on your
install before, there should be clues in your [RealtimeGaugeData] stanza
from your old install - do you still have a copy of your old weewx.conf? if
so can you post the [RealtimeGaugeData] stanza, removing an sensitive info,
API keys etc that may be in there.

Gary