Hi
Learned people I am in need of some assistance in pointing out what I have
done wrong.
I have been using a Aercus 3080 and weewx on a raspberry pi with jessie for
over a 2 years now.
I use the port switching ability of weewx to overcome the usb lockup issue
and all is good, apart from electrical storms which cause loss of comms
between sensors and indoor unit, all outdoor data is lost when this occurs
but this is not the reason for this post.
I decided to upgrade to raspberry pi stretch.(cringe)
I copied the config and database files off system.
I shutdown the pi, removed the sd card and inserted a brand new sd with
stretch on it.
I then proceeded to install weewx, ddns etc all the bits I did for the
previous build.
Copy the saved config and database files back in
So weewx appears to work but stalls sometime later, (see attached)
The python code for usb testing by Matthew Wall appears to have issues.
(see attached)

I can shutdown and remove the stretch version sd card and replace it with
the jessie sd card and weewx appears to recover (old data while I have been
working on the stretch version) and continues working and the python code
for usb testing works. I am able to turn the port indicator for the weather
station on and off.

I hope I have captured some relevant parts of the log and some terminal
work, unfortunately the log fills with a lot of updating to weather sites.
Please let me know if any further info is required.

Regards Ian