On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 8:31:37 AM UTC-5, Per Edström wrote:

> Also, there is not quality control för the UV-sensor (Oregon UV ranges
> 0-4). I seem to have that entry in some older weewx.conf. Not sure if I
> added it myself..
>
> I suggest that
>
> UV = 0, 6
>
> is added too..

unfortunately we cannot do that generically.  different hardware has
different valid ranges.  for example, oregon scientific, davis, and
rainwise each have a different range for valid UV values.

however, it is feasible for the driver's configuration editor to inject the
hardware-specific UV range when the driver is installed.  the only side
effect would be possible confusion if someone switches from one hardware to
another, only to find that their UV values are not longer shown.

pull requests welcome :)