Having read for the umpteenth time recently comments implying that there is
no need to change the database units from US to Metric I thought it was
time to give my pennyworth.  IMHO there is every reason in the world to
change the units if one is living in the rest of the world outside the US.
When (not if) one has to look at the database to resolve an issue using
sqlite3 or MySQL there is nothing worse than being faced with a load of
data which is unrecognisable and means nothing since the units are such
they are never seen during daily life.  pressures of 30.xxxx mean nothing
when daily pressures are in mbar and temperatures are meaningless when in
farenheit and daily weather temperatures are in Celsius.  IMHO if you live
outside the US your database should be Metric or Metricwx so that the data
becomes meaningful when viewed directly.

I agree that for the purposes of weewx this is not necessary as all
conversions will happen automatically.

One final thing which I have done to my MySQL database is to redefine the
columns to limit the number of decimal places to 2 in most cases.  This
makes viewing with MySQL directly much much more readable and gets rid of
the totally unnecessary additional decimal places with little (if any)
effect on weewx.