Geez, you people make it sound like WeeWX defaults to US Customary out of
some sort of sheer stubbornness on my part.

First, I'm an earth scientist. I can tell you the depth and temperature of
the ocean's thermocline in metric, but wouldn't have a clue what it is in
US. Except for daily experiences, it's the only unit system I'm familiar
with.

Second, take a look through the code base, and you won't find any bias
towards US. Everything is parameterized and unit-agnostic. If you were to
fork the code, I don't know what you'd change.

Third, you have total freedom to change, or even to adopt a mix of US and
Metric. Stop your whining (or, to be completely English-agnostic, that's
whinging for you Brits and Aussies).

Finally, like it or not, most of the instruments out there emit at least a
mix of US Customary through their APIs, including the most popular one,
Vantage, which is exclusively US. For those users, US would be the "native"
system, and results in the best fidelity between source and database. If
you don't agree with that, fine: change.

And, don't blame me for the shape of US documents.

-tk