I've been running WeeWX on an RPi with stretch for a day now. I don't have
an Ultimeter, so I used a VPro2 console, which also has a serial interface.
Memory use is

VIRT=48416, RES=33500

and seems to be steady.

I'm using kernel Linux-4.14.79-v7+-armv7l-with-debian-9.6, which is a
slightly older version than your Linux-4.14.94-v7+-armv7l-with-debian-9.6.

I doubt that would make a difference, but who knows?

Steve, I'm at a loss. You are running a simple system, on a well-known
platform, yet experiencing memory growth.

-tk