Op zaterdag 9 februari 2019 01:31:11 UTC+1 schreef mwall:

> On Friday, February 8, 2019 at 6:45:36 PM UTC-5, Eelco F wrote:
>>
>> dpkg: fout: --compare-versions verwacht drie argumenten: <versie>
>> <relatie> <versie>
>>
>> So it's still running 3.8.2. Where is the error here?
>>

> did you remove the line 'version = ...' from your weewx.conf at some
> point?  did you delete the weewx.conf.dist file at some point?
>
> please post the output from these two commands:
>
> grep version /etc/weewx/weewx.conf | sed -e 's/\s*version\s*=\s*//' | sed
> -e 's/-.*//'
>
> and:
>
> grep version /etc/weewx/weewx.conf.dist | sed -e 's/\s*version\s*=\s*//' |
> sed -e 's/-.*//'

Dear matthew,

I did not remove the version number. However i tjink i found the issue, by
the first of your commands, Iḿ using the crt extension, and i editited
crt.py somewhat, so it will give me an output in the format I use to feed
to canvas gauges. I put a comment in weewx.conf as a reminder to my self
that said:

# Options for extension 'crt', remember that crt.py is a customized
version!!

so your first command gave me the output:
3.8.2
# Options for extension 'crt', remember that crt.py is a customized
version!!

I suppose the word "version" in my comment was picked up, by
--compare-versions, I changed the comment to "remember CRT.py is cutomized"
and now install is just running fine.
Many thanks for putting me in the right place to search. You guys are
really doing a good job!

Eelco