I read the example in the customization guide. I'm not doing anything as
complex as having more than one skin theme however I do need to change a
few things, as example, Inside Temperature is now NEMA Box Temp (the Davis
pad sits in a locked box in the boathouse), and a couple others, and here's
where I got confused. First things first: to enable Seasons, in weewx.conf
I set
[StdReport] [[StandardReport]]
        skin = Standard
        enable = false
           [[SeasonsReport]]
        # images, templates and plots for the report.
        skin = Seasons
        enable = true

Then I read about weewx/defaults.py and how it sets, when it isn't
overridden, the labels so I tried changing it there -- no effect. Then I
tried changing it skins/Seasons/skin.conf, but that actual label wasn't in
there, so to test I changed
[Labels]

    # Override some labels. No need to identify these as a "Battery"
    # or "Voltage", because that is included in the template.
    [[Generic]]
        txBatteryStatus      = Transmitter
        windBatteryStatus    = Wind
        rainBatteryStatus    = Rain
        outTempBatteryStatus = Outside Temperature
        inTempBatteryStatus  = NEMA BOX
        consBatteryVoltage   = Console
        heatingVoltage       = Heating
        supplyVoltage        = Supply
        referenceVoltage     = Reference
However on the simulator report the "Inside Temperature Battery OK" label
was unchanged so that test failed and I don't know why.
 So next I changed it in weewx/weewx.conf and it reflected the change in
the (simulator) reports but only for the Inside Temperature.
It's just not clear to me what files change which labels (and, when I add
my owfs parameters, where I *best* add them).
Thanks if you can find a moment to clarify the differences -- again, I'm
only using one skin (Seasons) -- appreciate it.

Phil