On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 9:59:15 AM UTC-8, steep...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am using two identical SDR usb dongles to receive streams from two
> different frequencies, namely 433Mhz and 868Mhz
> The problem I have is to how to allocate one dongle to each of the two
> configurations.
>
> lsusb lists them as: -
> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:2838 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2838 DVB-T
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bda:2838 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2838 DVB-T

See if 'lsusb -v' gives you any unique information you can use to tell them
apart.  You might need to remove/replace one to see the dmesg output that
happens to know for sure.   I don't do anything like this (fortunately),
but my recollection is that you can come up with your own device names to
associate with them, but my recollection might be faulty there.

You can of course ship me two and I'll figure it out experimentally for you
:-)