I looked into this and found a couple of small issues, which I've corrected
in commit c696e4
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/commit/c696e468efce806214cd560e1014cb50d382c68c>
.

Be aware that the function you are using does the calculation in local
time. This has now been changed, and the almanac now uses UTC.

Finally, it uses a very simple algorithm, which assumes a constant synodic
month of 29.530588 days. In practice, it can vary by 1% or more over the
years. So, all results will necessarily be approximate.

-tk