The problem with skyfield is that it is dependent on numpy, a very large
package. I'm reluctant to introduce a new dependency, especially such a
large one, just to do almanac calculations.

And, as awkward as the pyephem API is, skyfield's is even worse. It
requires loading multi-megabyte ephemeris tables before starting. This will
complicate the install.

Haven't decided yet.

-tk