I am running weewx on RPi 3B with dietpi and German locale.

In NOAA reports I noticed some strange formats for
- temperature (°C) and
- months ('Mär' for 'Mar')

Some variables affected are '$unit.label.outTemp.strip()',
'$year.outTemp.maxtime.format($M,$NODAY)',
'$year.outTemp.mintime.format($M,$NODAY)',
'$year.rain.maxsumtime.format($M,$NODAY)' and
'$year.wind.maxtime.format($M,$NODAY)'.

Where / how could those be changed in oder to show propper formatting?

Thanks.