You can google for "solar panel angle of incidence" and you'll find some good
articles which explain the math.
Suffice it to say, it works out that tracking the sun yields about 30% more
power than the same panel in a fixed position, assuming consistent sun
throughout the day.
HTH

Regards,
Leon
--
Leon Shaner :: Dearborn, Michigan (iPhone)