Finally. I've fiddled around so much with this my head is spinning.
weather.janeandjohn.org is current again. Hooray!

The short story:

- *the original Davis VP2 console is good*
- *the original Davis USB logger is good*
- did an upgrade to the latest weewx release
- I performed a sudo wee_database --update which caught my webpage up to
April 30, 2019
- restarted weewx and rebooted several times while trying database commands
(wee_database --drop-daily, sudo wee_database --to=2019-05-02, sudo
wee_device --set-interval=1)
- the magic seemed to be sudo wee_device --set-interval=1 which Tom said in
another thread cleared the data logger (and I rebooted again)

So apparently if the database gets screwed up as in not current with the
logger, you (at least me) can go off on a tangent chasing an interface
problem

John (WB5THT)