Hey, Doug,
Creating a front end to search your own local data would certainly be doable.
For sure, directing end-users to our own sites and letting them search our
historical data would be useful.

But that wouldn't fix the problem at hand.  :-/
The wunderfixer utility is there to query what data WU has on record from your
station and to re-upload any missing data.
Basically if we can't fix this then it means WU will often be missing data from
time to time for various reasons.
Really only WU should care and end-users who go to their site to look at
historical data.   So yeah, they should be invented to help, since they're the
ones missing the data, and the less reliable their data, the more likely even
end-users will begin to abandon using them.

Regards,
\Leon
--
Leon Shaner :: Dearborn, Michigan (iPad Pro)