You can start by tweaking the StdQC section in weewx.conf to limit the
erroneous values.  I don't know what causes it. I get random winds of 40
mph when I've never seen real wind above 20 in my sheltered location.

To fix it, I stop the weewx service (sudo /etc/init.d/weewx stop on my
raspberry PI). Make a backup copy of the database (/var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb
is the default)  and then edit the database to remove the bogus entries.
You can use any SQLite database editor, but I copy it to my Windows PC and
edit it with DB Browser. You'll want the archive table. DB Browser lets you
filter the results. Look in the rain or maybe rainRate field. I'd just null
out the bad records or put in 0s.
Save and copy the file back and restart Weewx and you should be good to go.

When you're editing the db, one thing I find useful is to check the
dateTime field of the records that I'm editing. This is stored as unix
Epochs. Easiest way to convert to human readable time is to use a online
tool like https://www.epochconverter.com/

Good luck

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 4:02 PM <dave.spicer2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, I am fairly new to running weewx and so far I love it. I
> am running it on a raspberry pi with a separate MySQL server and HTTP
> server. Here is my problem. This morning I was looking at the weather data
> thru the http server and I noticed that I received a very large amount of
> rain, but in fact there is no rain at the place of my sensor. So I have a
> couple of questions. 1st – Is there a way to see what triggered the large
> amount of rain? It measured 5+ inches of rain. 2nd – Is there a way to
> adjust or remove that entry so it doesn’t skew the data? 3rd – I have
> seen this a couple of times, but is there a way to help prevent this?
>

> Thanks
>
> Dave

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/19e001d5173b%249ed27680%24dc776380%24%40gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/weewx-user/19e001d5173b%249ed27680%24dc776380%24%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>