I suspect there is some history involved.  As far as I can make out, if
LOOP2 data were to be read then the packets are alternated with LOOP -
which would result in LOOP packets being received every 5 seconds instead
of every 2.5 seconds - perhaps that is why they are not being read!!!  As
to whether they should or should not be why not make a posting on the
development group!!

What I mean was that dewpoint and heatindex and other items which are
actually in LOOP2 packets I believe are software generated in weewx, and
not read from the station.