"Paul Lacatus (Gmail)" <paul.laca...@gmail.com> writes:

> After recovering the procedure is to reinstall Weewx and after to copy
> the saved database over the new one ?

Right now, your data logger, if your station has one, probably has data
for the downtime.  So what I'd do is:

  disconnect the cable to the logger

  reinstall weewx

  recover the config (and customized skins as someone else suggested)

  copy in the database (and save a copy of the old database multiple
  other places!)

  start up weewx and make sure you can generate plots etc.  The point is
  not that you can't fix that later but it proves that the old data from
  the db is accessible

  shut down weewx, reconnect the wx station cable, and start up

If your station doesn't log, then the disconnect/test/reconnect step is
not in order, and as long as the database is ok you can fix
skin/generation/upload at your leisure.

Note that I have not done what I am telling you to do; it's based on
understanding not experience.