No idea what the WMII does for a checksum. Possibilities

   1. A simple XOR'ing of the bytes. But, this would leave you with a 1
   byte checksum, and it seems the WMII uses 2 bytes. I don't think they would
   XOR 2 bytes at a time, because then you would have to worry about the
   "endianness" of the machine you're running on.
   2. Much more likely, it's the same algorithm used by the Davis Vantage
   series. See the implementation in the file weewx/crc16.py
   <https://github.com/weewx/weewx/blob/master/bin/weewx/crc16.py>.

-tk