Hi Sean,

I can't comment on the camera but I wrote a weeWX driver based on the  Build
Your Own Weather Station
<https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/build-your-own-weather-station/>
instructions, you don't need to assemble all the parts described there to
use the driver, you could set it up with just an anemometer. I agree in
that you might not want to spend that money for a Davis anemometer if
that's all you want.

The driver code is here: https://github.com/jardiamj/BYOWS_RPi

I wrote the driver without having the hardware to test it. Patrick
requested it in this forums a few months ago so I put it together, he
tested it and has been running it for a while now without many issues.

Jardi.