Ok, thanks.  Yes, I'm using 5 minute intervals.  So, all the data the
logger has is already in the archive.  This is good, as the wee_device
--dump didn't work.

  Dana

/var/lib/weewx# wee_device --dump

Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf

Using Vantage driver version 3.1.1 (weewx.drivers.vantage)

Proceeding will dump all data in the logger.

Are you sure you want to proceed (y/n)? y

Starting dump ...

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/bin/wee_device", line 66, in <module>

    main()

  File "/usr/bin/wee_device", line 62, in main

    device.configure(config_dict)

  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/__init__.py", line 69, in configure

    self.do_options(options, parser, config_dict, prompt)

  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 2018, in do_options

    self.dump_logger(station, config_dict, options.noprompt)

  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 2618, in
dump_logger

    for record in converted_generator:

  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/units.py", line 1247, in next

    _record = self.input_generator.next()

  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 660, in
genArchiveDump

    _page = self.port.get_data_with_crc16(267, prompt=_ack,
max_tries=self.max_tries)

  File "/usr/share/weewx/weewx/drivers/vantage.py", line 207, in
get_data_with_crc16

    raise weewx.CRCError("Unable to pass CRC16 check while getting data")